I have two primary computers: a laptop and a desktop. I also have a VPS running Linode which hosts my personal infrastructure.
I run Arch Linux on my desktop and NixOS on my laptops and main infrastructure server. I plan to move all of my computers over to NixOS eventually.
I use the i3 window manager or Sway, i3status-rust, ZSH, NeoVim, and mutt among other things. You can find my full dotfiles and miscellaneous scripts on sourcehut.
Here's a list of my daily driver machines. I name them after planets in the Star Wars universe.
- Desktop: (hostname: coruscant) A custom-built desktop. See the part
list on PCPartPicker. Highlights are:
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
- Nvidia RTX 2070
- 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM
- 512 GB NVMe and a 1 TB SSD
- Laptop: (hostname: mustafar) A Samsung Galaxy Chromebook that I have hacked to run Linux.
- Laptop: (hostname: jedha) A ThinkPad T580
- Intel Core i7-8650U
- Nvidia GeForce MX150
- 32 GB RAM
- 512 GB NVMe SSD
- Linode VPS: (hostname: bespin)
- Monitors: Dell S2417DG Monitor and Dell U2412M Monitor
- Keyboards: Pok3r 3 60% Keyboard with Cherry MX Clears and CODE V3 87-Key with Cherry MX Clears
- Mouse: Logitech G300s
- Microphone: TONOR Professional Studio Condenser Microphone Kit
- Laptop Dock: Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C UltraDock
- VR: Oculus Rift with Touch
- Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK
- Speakers: Audioengine A2+
- Earbuds: Google Pixel Buds
- Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- USB Splitter: UGREEN USB 3.0 Sharing Switch Selector
* indicates daily driver
- Smartphone*: Google Pixel 3a (64 GB, Just Black)
- Smartphone: Google Pixel 1 (32 GB, Quite Black)
- Smartphone: iPhone 5s (32 GB, Space Gray)
- Smartwatch*: Amazfit Bip S (Carbon Black)
- Smartwatch: Huawei Watch Black Stainless Steel
- Tablet*: iPad Pro 9.7 inch (128 GB)
- Raspberry Pi 1
- Laptop: MacBook Pro: 15", Retina display, Mid 2014. I primarily use this
as a test machine for macOS and various Linux distributions that I try.
- 16 GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD